Curating content for learning
Make sense of an over-abundance of online content so your learners don't have to
What have we got here?
Curating content for learning is a self-paced, online course that you can start, finish or just dip into at any time. It's one of a growing catalogue of Skills Journey courses for learning professionals. You can buy this course on its own or subscribe to the whole catalogue.
Is this course right for me?
The course is aimed at anyone looking to support a target population with curated content. No prior knowledge or experience is required – just a willingness to do a great job in helping people to fulfil their potential.
What will I learn?
This course will enable you to:
- identify suitable opportunities for content curation;
- analyse the business requirement for content curation;
- identify the characteristics of the target population;
- identify the practical constraints within which you will be operating;
- identify sources for suitable content;
- filter content in terms of relevance and urgency; organise content so it can be easily found;
- interpret content so it is easier to consume;
- share content using a variety of ‘push’ and ‘pull’ communication channels;
- take advantage of opportunities for further interaction with subject experts and peers;
- obtain feedback to ensure you are delivering the best possible service.
How long will it take?
Well, it all depends.
- If you’re curious about something or you need to know urgently how to carry out a task, you could get in, get what you want and get out again in less than 10 minutes.
- If what you need is a quick appreciation of the subject matter covered by the course, you could watch all the lesson videos in an hour, give or take. You’d be better off spreading this over a few days, but if an hour is all you’ve got, then go ahead and binge.
- Our courses are roughly equivalent in scope to a one or two day classroom event. If you were to spend a whole day on one of our courses, perhaps spread over a week or two, you’d be able to complete all the activities and begin applying your new skills to your work.
How does it all work?
The course is made up of six lessons, each of which includes a video and sometimes an optional activity to complete. We will also provide you with a range of valuable resources that you can use for on-going reference, including a quick reference guide and an infographic.
This resource has been designed, developed and presented by the Skills Journey team, drawing upon decades of experience working with learning and development professionals across the world.